If you go
WHAT: Medicare workshops
WHEN: 10-11 a.m. Tuesday, July 10 (Medicare 101) and 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Thursday, July 12 (Medicare Prescription Drug Plans)
WHERE: Conference Room 150, Surprise City Hall, 16000 N. Civic Center Plaza
REGISTRATION: Call 623-222-3242 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Surprise will host a pair of free July workshops on Medicare and Medicare prescription drug plans.
The Medicare 101 workshop will be 10-11:30 a.m. Tuesday, July 10 while the Medicare Prescription Drug Plans workshop will be 11:30 a.m.- 1 p.m. Thursday, July 12.
Both sessions will be in Conference Room 150 at Surprise City Hall, 16000 N. Civic Center Plaza.
The Medicare 101 workshop will provide information on the elements of Medicare Parts A and B; Medicare Advantage plans (Part C); Prescription Drug plans (Part D); and Medicare Supplements (Medigap).
The presentation will cover the following topics:
- How to verify if your doctor participates in Medicare and or Medicare Advantage plan networks;
- How to calculate your prescription costs on every plan in your ZIP code using Medicare’s website;
- How to compare every Medicare Advantage plan (premiums, co-pays and deductibles) using Medicare’s website;
- How company insurance agents and independent brokers are compensated;
- How to compare Medicare supplement plans (Medigap) and premiums;
- Who needs to enroll in Medicare and when.
The Medicare Prescription Drug Plans workshop will cover the following topics:
- How to access Medicare’s website and enter your prescriptions;
- How to keep track of your own list of prescriptions;
- How to compare the different plans available to you;
- How to update your list;
- How to select pharmacies;
- What is a coverage gap or “Donut Hole”?
- Where to get help.
In this educational seminar, only the Medicare.gov website will be used; any materials provided or shared will be directly from the Medicare website. There will be no sales, and participants will not be required to share any information. Participants are encouraged to bring a computer, Ipad or smartphone with internet access to the sessions.
Both classes are open for registration and will be taught by Orlando Cruz with Cruz Insurance Advisors.
For information, or to register for either class, contact Ruby Sitea at 623-222-3242 or via email at email@example.com.