The Barleens Dinner Show Theater in Apache Junction started the season with eight indoor shows in November and continues with two to seven days of shows each week though mid-April.
The business, 2275 E. Old West Highway, also plans to take advantage of occasional outdoor concerts as part of a conditional use permit approved by a city of Apache Junction commission.
Outdoor performances will cost $20 and regular indoor performances are $45 a person, Box Office Manager Lindsay Shintaku said.
For indoor evening shows, doors open at 5:15 p.m., dinner is at 6 p.m. and the show at 7 p.m.. For matinees, doors open at 11:15 p.m., lunch is at noon and the show is at 1 p.m., she said.
Dates are: Dec. 2-5, 8-12, 15-19, 23, 26, 29 and 31; Jan. 8-9, 12-16, 19-23 and 26-30; Feb. 1-6, 8-13, 14-20 and 22-27; March 1-6, 8-13, 16-20, 23-27 and 30-31; and April 1-3, 7-10 and 14-17.
Call 480-982-7991 for reservations or go to barleensdinnershow.com.
Show themes, according to a business flyer, include:
- “Rockin’ & Rollin’ through the Years.” This rock ‘n’ roll musical ride takes you back to 1955-69, showcasing the songs that have inspired much of today’s themes.
- “Old Time Rock ‘n’ Roll.” If you remember poodle skirts and pompadours, you won’t want to miss this show. Rock around the clock to such ‘50s and ‘60s rock ‘n’ roll favorites as Johnny B Good, Wooly Bully, Surfin’ USA, Twist & Shout, and more.
- “Home for the Holidays.” Become a part of the Barleen Family during the holiday season. Experience a joyful mixture of traditional and popular seasonal classics.
- The “Holiday Show” combines music from the Christmas and variety shows.
- The “Barleens New Year’s Bash” is an extended version of the popular variety shows. Ring in the New Year with the east coast at 10 p.m. with champagne or sparkling cider and party favors. The festive evening is $52 per person.
- “Jukebox Country Classics” will take you back to the period when country music was in its heyday.
- “Country Jubilee.” If you like country music, this is the show for you. The Barleens gang performs hand-clappin’, foot-stompin’, pickin’ and grinnin’ country favorites.
- The “No. 1 Hits Variety Show” highlights the most recognizable No. 1 hits from the early 1950s through the early 1990s, featuring a variety of musical genres from soft ballads to powerful instrumentals.
- “Variety Spectacular.” The Barleens cast will perform a variety of music including country, rock ‘n’ roll, blues, boogie woogie, big band and gospel.
- The “Season’s Best” is the super show and only runs during the month of April. It features the highlights of the season as selected by audiences as absolutely the best of the season.