Arizona Broadway Theatre’s fall interim programming is now available for purchase, the Peoria theater, at 7701 W. Paradise Lane, announced Sept. 15.
“Today is a beginning, but more importantly, it is something we can all look forward to,” the theater stated in a news release.
Tickets are currently available online only at azbroadway.org.
Upcoming content will include the ABT Concerts Series, Murder And A Meal Dinner Theatre, a new feature Broadway Bingo, the theater’s Midweek Classic Movie Musical showings hosted by Valley theatre and movie critic David Appleford, and the Unplugged Concert Series.
Due to the coronavirus outbreak, ABT had suspended programming back on March 15.
ABT will be following all executive orders and CDC recommendations with regard to physical-distancing and mask mandates. Additional sanitation and safety protocols have been implemented. Masks are requiered when attending the theater until local mandates have been lifted.
The Fall Interim Program will include:
- ABT Broadway Concert Series (Mainstage) A Celebration of Song! Join us as we pay homage to the most beloved melodies of Broadway, Hollywood and the Holidays. This Mainstage series pays homage to melodies of Broadway, Hollywood and the holidays, and features the vocal talent of ABT stars of the past, present and future. Concert themes include “Music of the Night: A Tribute to Andrew Lloyd Webber,” “Hooray for Hollywood: A Salute to the Movie Musical” and “Home for the Holidays: Celebrating the Spirit of the Season.”
- TAD Management Concert Series (Mainstage) Upcoming tribute acts will include “Piano Men: Generations featuring Terry & Nick Davies,” “Voyager: A Tribute to Journey,” “One of These Nights: The Eagles Tribute,” “Mick Adams & The Stones: A Tribute to The Rolling Stones,” “A Tribute to Whitney & Aretha starring Charity Lockhart,” “Garth LIVE: A Tribute to Garth Brooks,” “December ’63: A Tribute to the original Jersey Boys,” and an upcoming holiday concert.
- Broadway BINGO! (Encore Room) This interactive cabaret-style event, hosted by ABT’s Kurtis Overby, features a song list determined by the bingo numbers called.
- The “UNPLUGGED” Concert Series (Encore Room) Artists will include piano-composer Nicole Pesce with “When October Goes: Songs that celebrate Autumn and Fall,” Jared Mancuso with his new “Rock ‘N Roll Reignited” concert, and ABT’s resident music director Josh Condon and Lexy Condon with a cabaret-style tribute to the holidays.
- Midweek Movie Musicals (Encore Room) Special screenings of classic movie musicals in the afternoon. October through December showings will include “Singin’ in the Rain,” “Thoroughly Modern Millie,” “Seven Brides for Seven Brothers,” “Paint Your Wagon,” “Meet Me in St. Louis,” and Irving Berlin’s classic “White Christmas.”
- Murder Mystery Series (Encore Room) A fully-interactive entertainment experience, Murder & A Meal is set in an intimate (yet COVID-conscious) environment where audience members become part of the action. Participants enjoy a three-course meal re-imagined to meet with current health and safety protocols. Shows to include “Clue,” “Murder on the Movie Set” and “Murder at the Silver Skunk Saloon.”
All programming dates subject to change.