Peoria fire officials responded to a local Goodwill store after a report of an odor that has made some people ill.
The incident occurred at Goodwill, 20713 N. 83rd Ave. near Lake Pleasant Parkway, at about 2:30 p.m. Tuesday.
According to a Peoria Fire-Medical Department spokesperson, a worker opened a box, releasing an odor that made those around it ill.
Three people were treated for respiratory problems, and one of them was transported to the hospital for an evaluation.
Fire crews were at the scene and evacuated the building.
The Peoria Fire-Medical Hazardous Materials team metered the interior of the store and found no hazards, a spokesperson stated via email. Officials turned the scene over to Goodwill, who will be closing the store to bring in an industrial cleaning crew.
There is no hazard to the public or the surrounding community.