Students and parents are invited to Innovation Night to learn more about the Medical, Engineering & Technology (MET) Professional Academy within Peoria Unified School District.
From 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 12, students and their parents can tour the MET Professional Academy classrooms on the Old Main I Peoria High School campus, 11200 N. 83rd Ave.
The MET guiding principles include:
- Profession-Based Learning – Instructors develop real-world, project-based learning strategies through collaborations with business and college partners.
- Professional Skills Development – Unique experiences allow students to cultivate transformative professional skills such as critical thinking, project management, customer service/patient care and other essential business values.
- Self-Discovery and Exploration – Students realize their strengths and passions by exploring potential science, engineering, technology and math (STEM) professions.
- Entrepreneurial Mindset – Instructors create an environment where creative thinking and problem solving are encouraged. Students learn to think like entrepreneurs who utilize diverse talents and resources in business.
- Responsiveness – MET supports high-skill, high-demand careers based on direction from its business and higher education partners.
Call 623-773-6701 to learn more and/or schedule a tour of the facility.
IF YOU GO
What: MET Professional Academy Innovation Night
When: 5:30-7:30 p.m., Tuesday, Dec. 12
Where: Old Main at Peoria High School campus, 11200 N. 83rd Ave.