Due to the weather delay last week, the Bullard Avenue traffic reconfiguration was rescheduled for Wednesday, Oct. 10, according to city officials.
Overnight work to move vehicle traffic to lanes on the west side of the medians began at Oct. 9.
Weekend work will occur on Saturday, Oct. 13, weather permitting, to keep the project on schedule. Scheduled work hours for the week are 4 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday–Saturday; in certain cases, daily work hours may begin earlier to allow crews to work while traffic is minimal.
The following traffic control change will be in place through mid-November.
- Beginning at the Bullard Avenue and Cholla Street intersection, motorists traveling northbound will proceed through the intersection and follow barricades which will transition traffic to the temporary northbound travel lane on the west side of the median. Signage will also be in place to assist with the traffic control change.
- The same traffic formation will be in place at the Waddell and Cactus roads intersections.
- Motorists traveling southbound on Bullard, Greenway Road to Peoria Avenue will use the designated southbound lane adjacent to the protected bike lane curb.
- Left and right turn movements will be maintained at all intersections on Bullard Avenue.
- The speed limit in the construction area remains 25 mph, except in school zones where the speed limit is 15 mph. Please proceed with caution through the project area and remember to Drive Wise, Surprise!
- Sidewalks will remain open on both sides of the roadway.
For project-related questions, contact Suneel Garg at 623-222-6130.
To learn more about the Bullard Ave project, visit surpriseaz.gov/bullard.