WHAM Art Association, 16560 N. Dysart Road, starts the month of June with the following classes:
• WHAM Kids Arts and Crafts classes are designed for children 7 to 12 years old.
The Apples for Art Program, providing little ones with an opportunity to enjoy the arts during school breaks.
Kids can stay all day for camp and take both the morning and afternoon class, and stay through the lunch period. Parents are asked to pack a sack lunch if their child is staying for the morning and afternoon classes. Students are supervised during lunch break between classes.
Each class is $10.
Upcoming classes include:
• Kitchen Creative Art is from 10 to 11:30 a.m. Thursday, June 9.
• Place Setting is from Noon to 1:30 p.m. June 9.
• Suncatcher is from 10 to 11:30 a.m. Monday, June 13.
• Robots is from Noon to 1:30 p.m. June 13.
• Japanese Anima is from 10 to 11:30 a.m. Tuesday, June 14.
• Race Car is from Noon to 1:30 p.m. June 14.
• Alcohol Ink is from 10 to 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, June 15.
• Recycling Cans is from Noon to 1:30 p.m. June 15.
• Stick Puppets is from 10 to 11:30 a.m. Thursday, June 16.
• Puppet Scenery Backdrops is from Noon to 1:30 p.m. June 16.
• Clay with Connie, a basic glazing pottery course, is from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Sunday, June 18.
Learn how to glaze a bisque of pottery with basic techniques and glazes that WHAM has on hand.
Participants must have a basic understanding of making clay pieces. All age groups from 18 to 105 eligible.
All who take part will be given a piece of bisque pottery as well as a tile to experiment and try glazing on. Participants may bring up to two more pieces to be glazed.
The cost is $25 and there are no membership discounts. this pays for kiln, glaze and bisque to fire.
Connie Whitlock is the instructor and the maximum class size 12. All supplies are provided.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here