The 2021-2022 Transportation Eligibility Applications are now being accepted by the Dysart Unified School District.
It is the mission of the district’s transportation department to transport students to and from school in a safe, efficient, dependable, professional and courteous manner, while providing the highest quality of support for educational programs by delivering the best possible transportation services.
Bus transportation is not mandated by the legislature, but a privilege offered by the Dysart Unified School District. Transportation service will be offered to:
• Elementary Students - Kindergarten through eighth grade students who are residents within a school attendance area and who live more than one radial mile from school.
• Middle School - Middle school students who are residents within a school attendance area and who live more than one and one quarter radial miles from school.
• High School - Ninth- through 12th-grade students who are residents within a school attendance area and who live more than one and one-half radial miles from school.
•Special Education Students - Students with disabilities who require transportation, as indicated in their respective individual education programs.
All other students will be considered ineligible for transportation to and from school. Generally, non-students are not eligible for school transportation.
Sponsors, with approval of the principal, may invite parents or other chaperones to ride buses on field trips, activity trips, etc.
Team members, sponsors, and coaches are expected to ride team district vehicles. Students may be transported to and from school activities/events by their parents with sponsor approval. Non-district students or adults are not permitted on school buses on regular routes without approval from the transportation director.
There are no bus routes for Freedom Traditional Academy, therefore the Transportation Eligibility application is not applicable for this school. As new schools open in the district, these guidelines shall be reviewed and revised as necessary.
Students who are not eligible for bus transportation, such as students within walking boundaries and open enrolled students, may apply for district transportation on a regular education bus route within the attendance boundaries of the school to which the student is enrolled. Transportation of a non-eligible bus transportation students is subject to the following conditions:
• The transportation application is an online process and must be submitted via the Transportation Application link.
• The district will review transportation applications submitted after the third week of school. Parent/guardian is responsible for transportation until authorization is given for the student to ride the bus.
• Transportation availability for non-eligible students applies to existing regular education bus routes only. No special bus routes will be established.
• It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian of the student to have the student at a designated pickup point within the receiving schools transportation area at least ten (10) minutes before the designated pickup time.
• An adult must accompany a Kindergarten student to the bus stop in the morning and must be at the bus stop in the afternoon when the student is dropped off.
• Transportation applications submitted during the school year will be reviewed as they are submitted. Allow 3 to 5 business days for review and response to transportation requests.
• The transportation department will review each applicant’s request and authorize transportation based upon capacity on the selected bus route.
• An application for transportation must be applied for each new school year.
• The transportation department will notify the parent/guardian once transportation has been approved.
Bus stop location, route numbers, and pick up/drop off times are subject to change.
• Upon written notification to the parent/guardian, the District may revoke a students eligibility to ride the bus at any time and for any reason, including but not limited to, capacity no longer existing on the assigned bus and/or discipline issues occurring on the bus.