After a year in which there was no track season, American Leadership Academy Queen Creek bounced back to win both the Boys and Girls State Championships at the Canyon Athletic Association.
Cameren McMillen was recognized as CAA Athlete of the Year and Coach Duerk Brewer and his team were recognized with Coach of the Year title in the boys and girls Division.
Highlights in the boys division include:
- Cameren McMillan was the state champion in the 400 meter, 200 meter and hurdles. He also won the silver medal in the 100 meter. He also broke the school record in the 200 meter and 400 meter this season.
- David Soria won silver medals in the 1,600 meter, 4x400 meter relay, and a bronze in the 800 meter.
- Rigden Coltrin won a bronze medal in the 400 meter and 200 meter. He also took silver in the 4x400 meter relay.
- Eric Johnson won the silver medal in discus and bronze in the high jump.
- Colten Brewer and Domonic Hanson won silver medals in the 4x400 meter relay.
Ethan Johnson, Joseph Carr, Lincoln Carr, Jake Larson, Dustin Letne, and Maddox Kan also contributed points to the team win.
Highlights in the girls division include:
- Kyana Williams was state champion in the high jump, setting a new school record. She also won the bronze in hurdles and silver in the 4x400 meter relay.
- Emmie Lunt was state champion in the 100 meter. She also took home silver medals in the long jump, 200 meter and the 4x100 meter relay. Emmie tied the school record in the long jump.
- Lizzy Sparks was state champion for discus, also winning a silver in the 4x100 meter relay.
- Kali Carr was state champion in the 100-meter hurdles, also winning silver medals in the 4x400 meter and 4x100 meter relays.
- Shaelyn Cradall won the silver medal in the 4x400 meter relay and took bronze in the high jump.
- Alexis Moronez won silver medals in the 4x100 meter and 4x400 meter relays.
Addy Arrott, Jerika Hall, Lindsey Roche, Trinley Workman, Abigail Miner, Jocelyn Weaver and Hannah Letner also contributed points for the win.