I am writing to ask for your continued support as I work to preserve Paradise Valley’s status as Arizona’s premiere residential community. I am beginning my campaign for a renewed two-year mayoral term, and I would like to share my aspirations and my plans for our town.
The past two years have been a challenge for everyone, but I am proud that Paradise Valley has continued to thrive. Our accomplishments should be points of pride for each of us:
• Top-notch public safety
• Welcoming and safe neighborhoods that have earned our Town national recognition
• The highest residential property values, reflective of our focus on preserving our historic building and lot size standards
• Collegial and cooperative relationships with our resorts, houses of worship, schools, and neighboring communities
• And excellent financial management that does not require a local property tax
Indeed, despite recent and ongoing challenges, Paradise Valley residents continue to enjoy the best quality of life of any community in the southwest.
It’s not easy to stay on top, but our town’s commitment to its values — including effective, limited, responsible government — has served us well.
My priorities for the next two years will include:
• Continuing to emphasize and support public safety, and ensuring that Paradise Valley remains among the very safest communities in Arizona and the southwest;
• Finishing the job when it comes to reigning in the short-term rental situation and ensuring our residents and neighborhoods are protected;
• Continuing to ensure responsible land use that is consistent with our town’s unique residential character. With the potential for several large development projects in the future, this diligence will be important;
• Ensuring a full economic recovery from the pandemic, including supporting our local resort properties while protecting our town’s peaceful and exceptional residential character;
• And working with my colleagues on the Town Council and with our town’s other volunteers and town staff in a professional, respectful, and cooperative way to advance issues important to all Paradise Valley residents.
I remain committed to work on behalf of our town, using all the skills and knowledge I have been privileged to gain as an attorney, businessperson and long-time Town volunteer and elected official.
If reelected mayor, I promise to continue to fight every day for our citizens. Three generations of my family proudly call our town home: My wonderful wife, Robyn, and our two school-aged children, along with my parents, who are town citizens since 1978. My commitment to my family is also a commitment to yours.
Thank you for your support, and please remember to vote in the upcoming town elections — Election Day is Aug. 2. I look forward to continuing to serve our exceptional community.
Editor’s Note: Jerry Bien-Willner is mayor of Paradise Valley.
1 comment on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here
Friday, January 21 Report this